29 Sep, 2023
Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa
Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa is possible right now in UAE. However, before proceeding further we should also know about tourist visas and residence visas. in this article, I will guide you about tourist visas, residence visas, and how you can convert a tourist visa into a residence visa. So, let’s start reading:
What are a Dubai visit visa and a tourist visa?
A tourist visa is a short-term visa & long term that allows you to stay in the country for 30 days or 60 Days offered by the travel agencies. Further, the visit visa also allows you to stay in the country for 30 or 60 days but the visit visa option is available under the sponsorship of families who may sponsor their close family or relatives. However, both of the visas provide you with a facility to stay in the country for a specific period.
What is an employment residence visa in UAE?
One can get a UAE residence visa after the entrance to the country. Further, the UAE residence visa will be sponsored by employers, company, or spouse who meets the GDRFA criteria. In addition, one must be medically fit to obtain this visa. For this purpose, one may be medically tested by authorized government institutes. Further, the UAE residence visa could be valid for 2 or 3 years. It depends on the type of visa and the sponsor who is providing this service. One more thing needs to be clarified, after the issuance of a residence UAE visa, if someone leaves the emirate for six months, the visa will be automatically nullified.
The Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa in UAE
UAE is one of the most visited and famous places around the world. Several traditional and eye-catching attractions in the country grab the focus of visitors to itself. Besides this, there are several work opportunities for experts and dedicated persons. Further, not only educated people can get a job easily in UAE but also the non-educated. Thus, this is an ideal country for everyone. Is Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa possible? Yes, one can convert a tourist visa to a residential visa by following a few steps.
Here’s the procedure For Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa
- Firstly, you need to apply for a visit visa to get an entry permit for UAE. Further, the tourist visa can either be 30 days or 60 days. You can choose according to your stay requirements.
- Secondly, a new UID will be created and registered to the UAE immigration system. Are you thinking what UID is? It is a six-digit ID that is assigned to every visitor or residence.
- Now, you can get a visit visa and explore the country for a specific duration. In case, if you don’t travel to UAE, your visa will become invalid and you can’t utilize this visa for a second entry.
- When you enter UAE, the file under your UID will be marked as used.
- Now, you can easily apply for a residence visa. Make sure you are applying in your grace period. In case of finding a job, this procedure will be done by your company or sponsor.
- After applying for a residence visa, a new visa file will be created under the same UID. Thus, the visa status will be changed from a tourist visa to an employment residence visa. Do you know what the good news about this whole procedure is? All the procedures can be done without leaving the country.
- After, you need to face a medical test. If you are medically fit and passed your medical examination under the authorized institutes, your Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa application will be processed to the next step.
- The Emirates ID is processed, and a new residence visa will be issued. Finally, you are a resident of the UAE.
Frequently asked questions
Is Tourist visa conversion to employment residence visa possible?
Yes, one can change tourist visa status to a residence visa.
Can I convert a tourist visa to a residence visa without leaving the country?
Yes, one can convert his visit visa to a residence visa within the country. The process will be done without leaving the emirate and knowing the visa change status after the residence visa approval.
What are the required documents for the Tourist visa conversion to an employment residence visa?
- Original passport
- Further, it is essential to complete a visa application form.
- Colored passport-size photos with plain white BG.
- Your visit visa
- Proof of sponsor
- Certificate of passed medical test
- You need to obtain the work contract.
What is the eligibility criterion for a Tourist visa conversion to an employment residence visa?
- Firstly, you are seeking employment in UAE.
- You must possess a sponsor in UAE.
- An investment should be made by you
- You must invest in the real estate market or purchase a property in UAE.