29 Sep, 2023
The Guide to 5 Year Green Visa Dubai
First, we need to know what a green visa is. Basically, it is a unique visa that permits you to stay in the country for 5 years or 10 years without a sponsorship. Thus, visa holders will sponsor themselves for a green visa without the need for an employer, family, or UAE national to sponsor a visa. In this article, I will give Guide to 5 Year Green Visa and how to apply it.
The UAE green visa will boost the flexibility of the job market. However, the Green visa is an opportunity for skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs, without the need for a sponsor or employee. Further, the green visa holders get the benefit to sponsor the residence of family members**.**
Do you know what the goal is behind launching the green visa?
The objective behind the green visa is to extract skilled workers, exceptional talents, and new investments into the country. In addition, one who wants to stay for a long period for various purposes such as launching a new business or making an investment in the emirate is eligible for a UAE green visa.
Is UAE green visa renewable or not after 5 years of residence expiry? It's good news for you, the green visa is renewable for another 5 years stay. Thus, after getting a green visa and spending five years in the country you can also renew your visa.
How to apply for UAE green visa?
- Firstly, go to the official GDRFA site https://gdrfad.gov.ae
- Secondly, select an entry permit by clicking on the services tab.
- Further, to access the 'New Entry Permit for Green Residence' option, you need to select entry permit services.
- Here, you will see all the eligible categories for UAE visas. Now, you can select a category that applies to your skills.
- Moreover, click on the start services. Thus, you will be directed to the login page.
- Now, click on individuals and log in with your GDRFA account details. Don’t have a GDRFA account? You can create a new one and then proceed further.
- After logging in, you will be forwarded to your personal account. Then, click on the new green visa application button. Finally, choose an option with the Green residence for high-skilled workers, investors, or self-employment.
- Now, you are reached on the application form. Fill out this application form with correct and accurate details. Also, provide all the required documents to process your visa. Make sure you are providing documents according to the selected category. In addition, the documents will vary depending on the work category.
- The final step is to pay for your visa and your visa application will be completed and sent for review.
- Consequently, you will receive a text or email from GDRFA about the status of your visa. Further, if you are missing to provide some documents in your application, you will be informed. Thus, you will get 30 days period to submit the missing documents.
If you will not be eligible to submit these documents according to the given duration, your visa application will be canceled. So, it’s important to provide all the documents that support your work category.
Who is eligible to obtain UAE green visa?
I’m trying my best to give Guide about Green Visa & how to apply it. Now, take a look at the eligible individuals for UAE green visas.
Self-employed or freelancers
Freelancers and self-employed are eligible to get UAE green visas. In addition, they must possess a proof of bachelor's degree or a specialized diploma and present evidence of annual income from self-employment for the past two years. Alternatively, submit proof of financial solvency throughout their stay in the country.
Skilled individuals need to possess the following
A valid employment contract and monthly salary should be at least AED 15,000. Furthermore, a completed bachelor's or equivalent degree must be classified in the MoHRE's list of first, second, or third occupational levels.
Investors or partners
Investors who are establishing commercial activities in UAE are eligible to obtain a UAE Green visa. However, they also need to meet the following criteria to process their UAE green visa.
A Proof of investment and approval of the competent local authorities. Thus, you can avail of a UAE green visa for investment purposes.
The UAE green visa is a unique kind of visa that allows a visa holder to stay in the country for 5 years. Furthermore, there is sponsorship is required to obtain this visa. Thus, an entrepreneur, an investor, a businessman, or a freelancer can apply for this visa. The interesting thing about the UAE Green visa is, it is renewable.